Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weekly Trading Update - 27-31 July 2009


The major currency pairs that I normally trade, ie the GBP/USD, EUR/USD and USD/JPY pairs, seem to be trading sideways at the moment so I haven't traded them at all this week. There were two upward EMA crossovers on the 4 hour chart of the GBP/USD pair but I didn't feel confident about them at all, although they both would have yielded a small profit.

I did however trade three positions on a few other pairs. The first of these was on Monday morning on the USD/CHF pair. The daily Supertrend was red was I was only looking for short positions on the 4 hour chart and an opportunity arose when the EMAs crossed downwards. I went short at 1.0703 and later closed half the position for 40 points, but after moving my stop loss to break-even I was soon stopped out of this trade.

I also traded this pair short again the following morning but I fared even worse on this trade and ended up taking a 43 point loss after the price quickly surged upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment